FrogPlay - Student Guide
Posted by Jay Howard, Last modified by Jay Howard on 29 April 2019 03:04 PM
Download this guide by scrolling down to the bottom of this page and clicking the attached PDF file
What is FrogPlay?
FROGPLAY HOME (STUDENT ROOM)
When a student launches FrogPlay, they enter the Student Room. The Student Room is a customisable home page - it is a reward-based interface where the level of customisation is dependent on how much work a student completes. Clicking on the different items in the Student Room allows students to access different features.
1. Click on the paintbrush to customise the wallpaper.
2. Choose a wallpaper colour.
3. The system automatically saves your selection.
Clicking on the Picture Frame on the desk takes students to the My Profile section. Students can create their avatar and ‘shop’ for new items with the credits earned through My Revision to customise their avatar here.
Parts for your avatar are redeemed or ‘purchased’ using credits. The total credits you currently hold will be displayed on the top right corner of your profile and they are earned through taking quizzes. To help you get started, you have 600 credits to spend by default.
Editing Your Avatar
To customise your avatar, you can choose different parts, which can be further customised according to colours and skins.
Selecting an Avatar Part
1. Click on the drop down menu in the top right.
2. Click on the category you would like to view (e.g. Accessories)
3. Click on an avatar part to try it on. The cost of each part is shown with a orange marker. Parts with no orange markers cost nothing to use.
4. To move or position the avatar part you have just added around, use the Nudge buttons below your Avatar.
5. If the part you have selected needs to be ‘purchased’ using your points, you will see the cost of the part above your avatar:
6. Click on ‘Add to Basket’ if you are sure you would like to ‘purchase’ this part. This would automatically add to your shopping cart.
7. Once you are satisfied with your avatar, click on Save to proceed.
8. If the part you have selected needs to be ‘purchased’ using your points, a pop-up of your shopping list will appear.
9. To remove an item from the list, click on the top right red "X" on the item.
10. To remove all items from the list, click "Empty Basket".
11. If you are would like to confirm your shopping list and complete your ‘purchase’, click
12. Once the items have been successfully added, a message will appear saying "Avatar saved".
Changing the Avatar Skin Colour
1. Clicking on "Skin Color" on the top left of your page.
2. This will bring up a colour palette in the middle of your page. Hover over the palette to show the different colors available and click on the colour you want with the magnifying glass.
4. Save your changes by clicking on "Save"
Randomise Avatar Parts
To create an avatar made out of random parts selected by the system, click the "Randomise Avatar" button.
Downloading Your Avatar
1. Click the "Camera" icon"
The avatar builder allows you to not only customise your own character, you can also choose to buy a Pet to earn you additional games and treats.
Choosing Your Pet
1. From the drop down menu, select ‘Pets’.
Note: If you do not wish to purchase an item, click the ‘X’ to remove all items you have selected. This will deduct the amount the items cost from the credits you have.
1. The 2 main changes in the Student room you receive after purchasing a pet are the following:
b. There is a Pet Happiness Meter. (this is displayed in the top right)
Note: You can make your pet happier by logging in every day and playing the pet games.
Click on the Pets Category when choosing a game. This will show all of the pet games. Note: You can only play the pet games once you have purchased a pet.
Once the game is selected, the exercise will begin.
2. Work your way through the exercise to play the game by answering the questions.
Note: You may need to purchase these games using credits as they are not automatically unlocked once you have purchased a pet.
The Achievements section allows students to view their achievements and keep track of their revision goals. To access Achievements, click the book on the windowsill.
Viewing Your Achievements
Each category of games have sets of achievements.
1. Select the game category (on the left) and you will see the Achievements available to earn.
2. For each game you will see the percentage of Achievements you have earned in the top right corner.
3. If you have not yet earned an Achievement you will see your progress towards them indicated as a green bar.
These are a set of achievements not related to games. Students can view their revision
Here students can check how well they are doing in each revision exercise taken. Click on the bar chart to access your performance reports.
On the Reports homepage you can view your total time spent on revision and the average score of all your exercises taken for each subject.
The overall stats displays a summary of your performance for every subject. To view your stats for each subject, click on the Subject on the Reports homepage.
Under each subject, you will then be able to view a list of topics you have attempted for that subject.
Within the Subject Reports, you can further sort your reports by:
In this section, you can also choose to retake an exercise by clicking on "Retake" next to each exercise stat.
Clicking on the name of the topic will take you to more detailed statistics.
On this page, you will see:
Here students can access quizzes and choose what they wish to take. From the Student Room, click on the Computer to access Quizzes.
Selecting an Exercise
To start an exercise,
1. Select the Phase.
2. Select which Subject you wish to attempt by clicking on the image of the subject.
3. Select the exercise you wish to take from the list that displays.
Selecting an Exercise Mode/Game
Once the exercise is selected you will then need to choose the game you wish to play.
To choose the game:
1. Click on the different categories on the left of the page to choose the type of game you want to play.
2. When the type of game is selected, click on the game you would like to play.
Note: There are 2 different types of game modes:
To help you choose your games, you can:
3. Depending on which game you have selected it may have a padlock symbol to show
Note: Before spending your points to unlock a game, you can see how many credits you
4. Once you have successfully unlocked the game, you will automatically be redirected to
Attempting the Exercise
1. Once game has been selected, the exercise will start. You will be shown any
2. There are a range of different questions types. When the question is displayed, choose
Note: If your answer is incorrect, you can find out what the correct answer is by
3. After answering several questions you will be able to play the game. The screen will
4. After the short game you will receive additional questions. Keep going until you
Note: If you do not like the game you have chosen, click ’Exit’ and you can either choose to
5. Once you have completed the quiz click "Finish" and you will see your results depending on how you answered the questions. You will see a number of boxes for each questions and if you got the answer correct it will show a green box or if you answered the question incorrectly a red box will be displayed.
6. You can click any of the question boxes to retry that question which will help improve your score. Once you are happy with your attempt click "Exit" and you will be presented with an achievement screen which will show you the achievements you have earned and the credits that you have earned.
Viewing Your Exercise Results
1. After completing the exercise, it will take you to Reports to show your results. From
2. You can also retake the exercise.
3. You can click on any of the questions to see the correct answer. This will help you
Buddies in FrogPlay are people that you know that you may wish to compete against (in multiplayer games or in a mini version of a Champions League). Buddies are not like ‘friending’ on social network sites. Your Buddies have to be people you really know as you both have to enter your buddy codes for it to link you.
To access your Buddies from the Student Room, click the pictures on the wall on your desk.
Adding a Buddy
1. Select "+ add a new buddy". You can be Buddies with other students or any of your teachers.
3. When you have entered your friend’s code, click "Add Buddy". The link is now made
Note : The Buddy system is very secure as both sides of the code must be entered to
Sharing with Your Buddy
When you have a buddy you have different ways to share interactions. The most common ways is to ‘Tell Your Buddies’ at the end of a game.
Whenever you complete any game and set a score/make progress towards an achievement you will have the option to ‘Tell your buddies’.
Click the"Tell your buddies" button to send them a notification to tell them how well you are doing to try to inspire some friendly competition.
You can see the stream of notifications between you and any of your buddies in the Buddies
Simply click on one of your Buddies names to see the updates they have sent you.
Note: Click on your own name and you will see ALL of the notifications stream for your own
You can also interact with your Buddies via the Leaderboard. When you have Buddies, you can filter to show either just your school OR just your buddies.
This means you can have a private league table for just your group of friends to see who is the best gamer amongst you!
Removing Your Buddy
1. Removing a buddy simply removes the link between your
2. Click on the buddy you wish to remove and it will highlight
3. A small trash can icon will appear. Click on this icon.
4. You will be asked to confirm the removal of the Buddy link.
Note: Removing your buddy will not send a notification to the buddy, so that they won’t
The clock at the top (next to your credits) in the student room shows you the total time you’ve spent revising in FrogPlay.
Students can view the current highest scores within their school, their class or nationwide and find out how they compare.
Clicking on the Leaderboards/Champions League poster from your student homepage lets you access the leaderboard. Your leaderboard is a scoreboard showing the names and current scores of the leading competitors in Play nationwide. Students can increase their points and go up on the scoreboard by playing games on Play.
Clicking on ‘Leaderboards’ on the FrogPlay menu bar also takes you to the Leaderboards page. This area shows a ranking of students within your school according to the points they earned from completing
For each student, you can view:
1. Click on Filter Leaderboards on the left side of the screen.
3. After selecting a game, you will have the option to select from three leaderboards - Global,
4. After selecting your Leaderboard, you can further filter by Group - My Year or My Class.
You can also filter the leaderboard to show users (s) rankings for a specific game by selecting the "Choose Game" option on the right.
You will be then presented with a page where you can choose a game from the list. Please note that you will only be able to select games that you have unlocked.
Learning Style Indicator
Students can complete a short multiple choice quiz which will help teachers determine the student's preferred learning style.
Clicking on the Vacuum Cleaner from your student homepage lets you access the Learning Style Indicator report.
1. In order to start the survey click the "Get Started" button.
2. You will be asked a series of questions which there is no wrong or right answer. You should answer these questions as honestly as possible in order for the results to identify your learning style.
3. Once you have completed all of the questions you will be presented with your learning style which has been determined by how you answered the questions.
Students can message teachers to ask them questions about assignments that have been set and about there lesson inside of FrogPlay.
Clicking on the Mobile phone on the desk from your student homepage lets you access the messages in Frog.
1. Clicking on the phone will open the main screen where you can;
Viewing & Sending Messages
1. Click the "Messages" icon to open your sent and received messages in Frog.
2. If you have no messages you can send a message by clicking the "Send Message" button on the home screen.
3. First you will need to select a teacher to send your message to, you can do this by clicking the "Select Teacher" button.
4. Select your teacher from the list, and you will then be able enter your message details. Once complete click the "Send Message" button which will send your message directly to the Teacher.
5. To Exit the messages click the "Power" button on the right.
Students can access there assignments inside of FrogPlay.
Clicking on the Calendar above the desk from your student homepage lets you access your Assignments that have been assigned by your teacher(s) in Frog.
1. Upon clicking the Calendar icon you will be brought to a list of your assignments that can be completed within FrogPlay.
2. In order to start the assignment select the assignment that you want to complete from the list which will then open the assignment. To get started click "Start "Quiz" or alternatively you can click the "Watch Lesson" before starting the quiz.
Note: Depending on how the teacher has assigned the assignment you may or may not be able to select a game.
3. Once you have completed the assignment click "Finish" and then "Hand In" if you are happy with your answers and you will be redirected back to the assignments screen which will show you your score.
Unlock codes are 5 digit numbers, entered into the drawer panel in the student room.
These codes usually unlock new Avatar Items, but also can be used to add things to the room, give unique rewards or credits to students.
The 4 below unlock codes will unlock costumes for students Avatars which you can provide to students as incentives to use FrogPlay.
The Cyclops – 71958
The Tiki Monster – 01090
The Tree Man – 10121
The Yeti – 29553
The 4 below codes will unlock pets for students Avatars which you can provide to students as an incentive to revise using FrogPlay. (Note: Only one code can be used)
For the Beagle use code - 19001
For the Malayan Tapir use code - 19002
For the Bald Eagle use code - 19003
For the Caracal use code - 19004
If you would like more unlock codes to provide to your students please contact our Service Desk Team and they will provide a list of unlock codes.